News for the ‘Project Management’ Category
Whenever a group of people get together to get something done, there are five role-related questions that should be asked immediately to focus their efforts and avoid wasting anyone’s time. This new article at my WORTH SHARING website presents these questions and provides a tool to help you find the answers together, as a team. Check it out!
Edited: November 21st, 2016
The problem: Fractured consciousness from interruptions can ruin your work & your relationships.
The solution: Take charge of your own consciousness!
Edited: September 6th, 2016
Loads of links & plenty of great free resources to help you retool! Check out the full article here.
Edited: June 28th, 2016
Keep your team’s creative output flowing with these “Top Five Free Apps to Capture Ideas & Leverage Creativity!”
Edited: April 19th, 2016
This FREE PDF will help you build your own PM Basics Workshop!
Edited: January 23rd, 2016
Edited: December 17th, 2015
Then you need the PM Minimalist Quiz & Exercise! This document is a generic version of the quiz/exercise I use to start my custom, on-site PM classes. It is carefully designed (by me… a former instructional designer!) to measure students’ comprehension of the most important PM Minimalist terms and concepts, while challenging them to come up with specific, immediately useful ways to improve their specific PM processes. The PDF includes:
- A two-part Quiz with 39 matching/fill-in-the-blank items
- A four-part analytical Exercise which guides students through a detailed analysis of their specific PM practices and how they might improve them by applying what they learned in the PM Minimalist book.
- An Answer Key, providing feedback on the Quiz (Note: This Answer Key is self-contained on the last page of the PDF document, so if you’re teaching a class you can print this page separately and share it after they complete the Quiz.)
– – JUST $9.95! – –
Click the “Buy Now” button below to get your copy for only $9.95!
– – – – See also – – – –
Edited: November 4th, 2015
This Labor Day weekend, to celebrate the introduction of my new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams*, I’m reducing the price of the ebook versions of BOTH Worth Sharing…* AND my best selling The Project Management Minimalist.* But these special prices won’t last long, so take advantage of this deal while you can! The links are below:
* Learn more about The Project Management Minimalist collection here... or check out an infographic of Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools… here.
Edited: September 4th, 2015
Edited: September 1st, 2015
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Edited: July 29th, 2015