News for January 2011
Are you ready to cut through all the usual PM garbage and “go Minimalist?” OK.
First: Click the image below and get the PM Minimalist Quick Start Guide (PDF file*). Then use the one-page Quick Start Checklist (page 3 in the Guide) to plan and manage your first project.
* [12/20/2011 Update:
There are now two new versions of The … Guide:
- a “mobi” version (used by Kindle readers) and
- an “epub” version (used by NOOK, iPad, & most other e-readers/tablets).]
Second: After you’ve used the Quick Start Checklist to plan or manage your first PM Minimalist-style project, then step back and think about this cosmic question:
- What do I need to change (what PM processes, artifacts, etc.) do I need to add or subtract to improve my PM without overloading it with PM administrivia?
Third: Click the image below and download the PDF of the flowchart. Use it to help you decide what you need to change for your next project. (The PDF includes lots of links to references you can consult, if needed.)
Edited: January 29th, 2011
Do-It-Yourself PM Certification: How to Document Your Skills & Get the Credibility You’ve Earned without Jumping Through Someone Else’s Hoops
Yes. I’m serious. As someone who has helped to create PM competency lists and certifications, I think it’s time you got the inside story. And I think it’s time you certified yourself as a fully competent PM practitioner. This 16-page PDF article reveals:
- The difference between certification and competence
- How certifications are created
- How certifications are sold and acquire power
- The benefits of do-it-yourself PM certification
- Specifically, step-by-step, how you can create your own professional-grade, thoroughly defensible PM certification
- (Again… Yes, I’m serious. Quite serious.)
- See related article/PDF: Seven Benefits of Local PM Certification — Why Pursuing Locally-Relevant PM Skills Makes More Sense Than Buying Generic, External PM Certifications
Edited: January 21st, 2011
Is it time to cut the PM crap? Are you ready to try the PM Minimalist approach? Then download The PM Minimalist Quick Start Guide: The Absolute Least You Can Do! It’s free. And here’s what you get:
- Project Management Minimalist Quick Start Checklist
- Quick Start Post Mortem Worksheet: Audit, Adjust, & Keep It Simple!
- PM Minimalist Values Checklist
- PM Minimalist Values Explained
Edited: January 4th, 2011