One Simple Thing…
to Improve Projects & Project Management
I’m a PM Minimalist and http://www.dentalservices.net/discount-generic-viagra-usa-rx I’m on a quest! I’m looking for answers to this question:
What’s one simple thing that can improve projects and/or project management?
* What tool…?
* What “best practice…” ?
* What change in the workplace… ?
* What senior management support…?
* What “one little thing…”
… can improve projects or project management?
I Want to Hear From You!
If reading that question above starts your brain’s synapses firing, then I want to hear from you! If you are a weary and battle-scarred project manager (or project team member) who has a clear vision for making PM better, then I want to hear from you! If you’re a PM expert, consultant, author, or PM product developer who has “seen it all” and you “know one thing for sure,” then I want to hear from you!
And I Want to Amplify Your Voice!
Specifically, I intend to collect your thoughts and share them as follows:
- (At minimum…) In the Comments at the end of this blog post
- (If you’re feeling like making a longer rant…) By featuring your brief or extended article as a blog post, right here on this website. I’ll include your photo, links to your website, and other promotional information so readers can follow up with you.
- (If you’d prefer to share a video or audio…) By embedding your brief (under 5 minutes?) video or audio here or by linking to it at your media host.
- (If you will allow me…) By incorporating your ideas (properly credited with your contact info, links to your website, etc.) in an upcoming revision of The Project Management Minimalist or as a free-standing anthology-type publication called (let’s say…) One Simple Thing to Improve Projects & Project Management.
This is a Work in Progress, So Help Me Shape It!
What you see above is about as far as I’ve taken this concept so far. But I’ve got a feeling “in my bones” that this is really worth pursuing. What’s more, I know from decades of running custom PM training sessions in all sorts of industries that there is much wisdom out there that has yet to be captured in all those formal PM textbooks and competency guidelines.
Finally, I know that when you ask a seasoned PM veteran or insightful PM newbie to name that “one thing” that will make things better, something magical happens. Their brains start to churn, their unique life experiences kick in and they start finding and filtering ideas drawn from their PM wars. What emerges is their unique wisdom. And that’s what I know we can capture and collect here.
Post your Comment below or email your idea for a featured blog post, video, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
[Scroll down to see COMMENTS — > ]
– – – – – – – – UPDATE – – – – – –
(January 11, 2011)
Whoo hoo! A whole bunch of smart PM people have accepted the challenge! Check out these guest blog posts:
- Kelly Kazimer’s One Simple Thing: Time Diamonds!
- Stacy Pearson’s One Simple Thing: The Project Debrief Session
- Lindsay Chaffee’s One Simple Thing: Change Control
- Luis Seabra Coelho’s One Simple Thing: Common Sense
- Michele McDonough’s One Simple Thing: Question the we like it “Obvious”
- Robert Kelly’s One Simple Thing: Roles & Responsibilities
- Lindsay Scott’s One Simple Thing: Emphasize “Management” in PM
- David Emerald’s One Simple Thing: Adopt a Creator Orientation
Coming soon… at least 2 more guest bloggers will tackle this question. Stay tuned… !
- Email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be a guest blogger and viagra cheap india pharmacy very good site share your thoughts on this topic.
– – – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – –
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!