My 10 Favorite PM Articles, Posts, or Videos from 2013
Below are my “top 10” favorite items drawn from all the PM articles, blog posts, and videos that I published on this website during 2013.
Some of these are important and worth a second look. Others were merely fun or gratifying to create and I want to share them again before they disappear beneath 2014’s articles.
I hope you like these or find something here that is thought-provoking. Enjoy!” — Mike G.
Help with Your PM Challenges
- (Video) The Project Management Change Agent: How to Lead Your PM Revolution (55 minute video includes links to 25-page PDF.) — This video is for everyone who wants to be the change agent who brings about a PM revolution in their organizations.
- Step Away from the Computer & Get Out Your Post-It Notes! — Some thoughts on getting your entire team more actively engaged in project planning.
- Ready, Fire, Aim? Or Seek First to Understand? — Some thoughts on making good, thoughtful decisions.
- Is Your Project Root Bound? (A 2-minute video on scope creep.) — Clients or sponsors addicted to “add-ons?” Show them this little video.
- How to Survive Family Projects: 5 PM Best Practices — Some PM practices that might make family projects more enjoyable.
- How to Create a Locally-Relevant Set of PM Job Tasks & Competencies Based on Job Level — Describes a process by which you can create a comprehensive, locally-relevant set of “PM Job Tasks and Competencies Based on Job Level” that can serve as the foundation of your organization’s unique PM Job Model.
- Formal, Written Sign Off: A Simple & Powerful PM Tool — How written sign-off differs from verbal approval & how it can be a powerful, crystallizing moment in the life of a project.
Books & Book-Related Posts
- Announcing My Amazon Author Page! — Find all my books that are available from Amazon in a single web page.
- New PM Reference: Gower Handbook of People in Project Management — A landmark collection of thought-provoking and informative chapters by 46 PM authors from all over the world.
- Vicki James’ Book Review: The Project Management Minimalist — Why PM author Vicki James’ recommends The PM Minimalist.
- 6 Reasons Why the New Book “Strategies for Project Sponsorship” Will Be an Instant PM Classic — My review of a “must have” book that will help you work more effectively with your project sponsors. Better yet, it can teach your sponsors how they can be more effective in their roles.
- Free e-Book “What Project Management Means to Me” from #PMFlashBlog Authors — 117 pages created by more than 70 PM authors who tried to find the meaning of PM. Some serious, some fun, all thought-provoking.
Posted: December 26th, 2013 under Announcements, Project Management.
Tags: agile, change agent, inspiration, Instructional Design, iPad, Kindle, managing teams, PDF, PDU, PM, PM certification, PM FREEBIES, project life cycle, Project Management, project management basics, project planning, scope management, team building, The Project Management Minimalist