Your Favorite Free Tools & Training for Project Managers
Let’s face it: Times are tough! Budgets are being slashed and professional development money (especially costly travel to conferences) is being restricted. But that’s no reason you can’t go on learning and growing stronger as a project manager. There are plenty of free tools and training opportunities out there. In this post, I’d like to hear from you. What are some of your favorite PM tools and training freebies? (See my Guidelines below. Then post your favorites in the Comments section.)
Please provide the following information:
- The name of the project management (PM) tool or PM training product
- Link to the product’s website for more info
- Your testimonial (Why you think it’s so great)
- Your relationship to the product (creator, user, promoter, other?)
- Your contact info (your website, email [optional])
Stuff I DON’T want to hear about:
- Products that “expire” after you install them or sign up to use them unless you pay a fee
- Products that are crammed with so much advertising they are really hard to use
- Products that are “loss leaders” or “teasers” — That is, they are incomplete and aren’t really usable unless you pay a fee.
- Products that are filled with self-serving ads from their creators
Stuff I DO want to hear about:
- Really useful (and truly free) tools, training, or educational products that will help project managers or project team leaders become more effective
I look forward to seeing your posts!
Posted: December 20th, 2009 under Announcements.