Training is what I do! My main business service is creating and presenting customized, on-site PM training sessions. And I’ve had quite a bit of experience analyzing PM skills, designing PM career paths & job models, etc. The articles below share my perspectives on how PM newbies can best develop their skills.
- The Accidental Project Manager
- How to Teach Yourself About Project Management… in under 3 hours (and for less than $10)!!
- How to Teach Yourself About Project Management (In-depth Version)
- Recipe for a Do-It-Yourself, Hands-on Project Management Basics Class for 10 Students: Under $500!
- Beyond PM Certification: Achieving PM Performance Improvement
- Do-It-Yourself PM Certification: How to Document Your Skills & Get the Credibility You’ve Earned without Jumping Through Someone Else’s Hoops
- How to Create a Locally-Relevant Set of PM Job Tasks & Competencies Based on Job Level
- (Video) The Project Management Change Agent: How to Lead Your PM Revolution (55 minute video includes links to 25-page PDF.)
- The New Project Manager’s Support Pyramid: A Framework for PM Training & Support
(NOTE: This document was written shortly after publication of The Project Manager’s Partner, 1st edition (approx. 1997). The Partner is now in its 2nd edition and is available from HRD Press. However, my newest work (The Project Management Minimalist) may also be used to achieve a similarly rigorous PM training & support framework.)
- My Incredible Shrinking PM Recommendations
- Advanced Project Management Training: Focus on Local Complexity, not PM Esoterica
- About Michael Greer’s Customized, On Site PM Workshops (“First do no harm!”)
- Project Management: “A Technology of Manifestation…”