Posts Tagged ‘iPad’
Keep your team’s creative output flowing with these “Top Five Free Apps to Capture Ideas & Leverage Creativity!”
Edited: April 19th, 2016
Edited: December 17th, 2015
This Labor Day weekend, to celebrate the introduction of my new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams*, I’m reducing the price of the ebook versions of BOTH Worth Sharing…* AND my best selling The Project Management Minimalist.* But these special prices won’t last long, so take advantage of this deal while you can! The links are below:
* Learn more about The Project Management Minimalist collection here... or check out an infographic of Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools… here.
Edited: September 4th, 2015
Edited: September 1st, 2015
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Edited: July 29th, 2015
Are you trying to manage your teams and make good decisions while you’re wandering around bleary-eyed from lack of sleep? C’mon, you know better! So take charge of your lousy sleep & do something about it!
The latest post at my WORTH SHARING website is loaded with links that will help you learn all about the field of sleep medicine, some free apps that can help you assess the quality of your sleep and some other tools to help you improve your overall sleep quality. Check it out!
Edited: January 28th, 2015
This new post at my WORTH SHARING website introduces a powerful (and free!) app that you’re going to want to use with your project teams. Check it out:
So why visit my WORTH SHARING website? See:
Edited: September 28th, 2014
In case you missed it I hereby alert you to the following blog post on my WORTH SHARING website:
(Spoiler alert —They liked it!)
So why visit my WORTH SHARING website? See:
Edited: August 29th, 2014
Below are my “top 10” favorite items drawn from all the PM articles, blog posts, and videos that I published on this website during 2013.
Some of these are important and worth a second look. Others were merely fun or gratifying to create and I want to share them again before they disappear beneath 2014’s articles.
I hope you like these or find something here that is thought-provoking. Enjoy!” — Mike G.
Help with Your PM Challenges
- (Video) The Project Management Change Agent: How to Lead Your PM Revolution (55 minute video includes links to 25-page PDF.) — This video is for everyone who wants to be the change agent who brings about a PM revolution in their organizations.
- Step Away from the Computer & Get Out Your Post-It Notes! — Some thoughts on getting your entire team more actively engaged in project planning.
- Ready, Fire, Aim? Or Seek First to Understand? — Some thoughts on making good, thoughtful decisions.
- Is Your Project Root Bound? (A 2-minute video on scope creep.) — Clients or sponsors addicted to “add-ons?” Show them this little video.
- How to Survive Family Projects: 5 PM Best Practices — Some PM practices that might make family projects more enjoyable.
- How to Create a Locally-Relevant Set of PM Job Tasks & Competencies Based on Job Level — Describes a process by which you can create a comprehensive, locally-relevant set of “PM Job Tasks and Competencies Based on Job Level” that can serve as the foundation of your organization’s unique PM Job Model.
- Formal, Written Sign Off: A Simple & Powerful PM Tool — How written sign-off differs from verbal approval & how it can be a powerful, crystallizing moment in the life of a project.
Books & Book-Related Posts
- Announcing My Amazon Author Page! — Find all my books that are available from Amazon in a single web page.
- New PM Reference: Gower Handbook of People in Project Management — A landmark collection of thought-provoking and informative chapters by 46 PM authors from all over the world.
- Vicki James’ Book Review: The Project Management Minimalist — Why PM author Vicki James’ recommends The PM Minimalist.
- 6 Reasons Why the New Book “Strategies for Project Sponsorship” Will Be an Instant PM Classic — My review of a “must have” book that will help you work more effectively with your project sponsors. Better yet, it can teach your sponsors how they can be more effective in their roles.
- Free e-Book “What Project Management Means to Me” from #PMFlashBlog Authors — 117 pages created by more than 70 PM authors who tried to find the meaning of PM. Some serious, some fun, all thought-provoking.
Edited: December 26th, 2013
Amazon has just rolled out an a great new feature on behalf of its authors: the Author’s Page! Now you can find all of an author’s books that are for sale on Amazon in a single location.The page includes:
- Integrated listings that pull together multiple versions (Kindle, paperback, etc.) of each book under a single item name
- Brief, author-produced videos that provide overviews of books, etc.
- The most recent blog, twitter, etc. posts for the author
Edited: September 23rd, 2013