Posts Tagged ‘PM minimalism’
Ever wonder what separates successful project teams from those that struggle or even fail outright? It’s a lot more than simply talent, energy and creativity. Without a solid enabling project infrastructure, even the best people can fail… or, at best, work needlessly hard in a project environment that fights them and saps them of their strength.
Learn how you can get the most out of your project team with the least amount of effort and frustration with these five key enablers… [Read more at my WORTH SHARING website.]
Edited: March 31st, 2017
Whenever a group of people get together to get something done, there are five role-related questions that should be asked immediately to focus their efforts and avoid wasting anyone’s time. This new article at my WORTH SHARING website presents these questions and provides a tool to help you find the answers together, as a team. Check it out!
Edited: November 21st, 2016
This FREE PDF will help you build your own PM Basics Workshop!
Edited: January 23rd, 2016
This Labor Day weekend, to celebrate the introduction of my new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams*, I’m reducing the price of the ebook versions of BOTH Worth Sharing…* AND my best selling The Project Management Minimalist.* But these special prices won’t last long, so take advantage of this deal while you can! The links are below:
* Learn more about The Project Management Minimalist collection here... or check out an infographic of Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools… here.
Edited: September 4th, 2015
Edited: September 1st, 2015
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Edited: July 29th, 2015
Starting this month I will be publishing all my new blog posts, articles and other announcements at my WORTH SHARING website. I will continue to create articles and videos that are relevant to the topics you usually find here, including thoughts on Project Management (PM), managing teams, PM training and tools, and much more. To find these at the WORTH SHARING website, just click on the “PM Resources” tab (see diagram below).
Why the Convergence?
The short answer is this: To help you find all the stuff I believe to be “WORTH SHARING” in one location, no matter what the topic. (For a more detailed discussion, click here.)
Subscribe to the News Feed!
To make sure you never miss any of my new blog posts, articles, videos or announcements you can subscribe to my WORTH SHARING news feed via you favorite news reader or your Kindle. Here’s how:
Edited: June 18th, 2014
My two most recent books, The Project Management Minimalist (paperback edition) and The PM Minimalist Mentor: Scripted Coaching Tools (paperback edition), are now enrolled in Amazon’s MatchBook program. So if you buy either of these books in paperback form, you’ll be able to get the matching Kindle edition for just $2.99!
For more information, check these links:
- Amazon sales page, The Project Management Minimalist (paperback edition)
- Amazon sales page, The PM Minimalist Mentor: Scripted Coaching Tools (paperback edition)
- Learn more about Amazon’s MatchBook program.
- Learn all about The PM Minimalist collection, including books, audios, videos, and more!
- Go to my Amazon Author’s Page and see a list of all books available through Amazon.
Edited: October 30th, 2013
Amazon has just rolled out an a great new feature on behalf of its authors: the Author’s Page! Now you can find all of an author’s books that are for sale on Amazon in a single location.The page includes:
- Integrated listings that pull together multiple versions (Kindle, paperback, etc.) of each book under a single item name
- Brief, author-produced videos that provide overviews of books, etc.
- The most recent blog, twitter, etc. posts for the author
Edited: September 23rd, 2013
Vicki James, co-author of the excellent new book, Strategies for Project Sponsorship has just published a review of my book The Project Management Minimalist: Just Enough PM to Rock Your Projects. In a nutshell, Vicki says, “I recommend Project Management Minimalist: Just Enough PM to Rock Your Projects for all seasoned and up and coming project managers.” See her complete review at her website, The Project Pro.
========== Related Articles ==================
- PM Minimalist Support System & Freebies
- 6 Reasons Why the New Book “Strategies for Project Sponsorship” Will Be an Instant PM Classic
- Book Review: The Project Manager’s Partner
Edited: September 7th, 2013