Posts Tagged ‘PMP’
Whenever a group of people get together to get something done, there are five role-related questions that should be asked immediately to focus their efforts and avoid wasting anyone’s time. This new article at my WORTH SHARING website presents these questions and provides a tool to help you find the answers together, as a team. Check it out!
Edited: November 21st, 2016
Loads of links & plenty of great free resources to help you retool! Check out the full article here.
Edited: June 28th, 2016
Then you need the PM Minimalist Quiz & Exercise! This document is a generic version of the quiz/exercise I use to start my custom, on-site PM classes. It is carefully designed (by me… a former instructional designer!) to measure students’ comprehension of the most important PM Minimalist terms and concepts, while challenging them to come up with specific, immediately useful ways to improve their specific PM processes. The PDF includes:
- A two-part Quiz with 39 matching/fill-in-the-blank items
- A four-part analytical Exercise which guides students through a detailed analysis of their specific PM practices and how they might improve them by applying what they learned in the PM Minimalist book.
- An Answer Key, providing feedback on the Quiz (Note: This Answer Key is self-contained on the last page of the PDF document, so if you’re teaching a class you can print this page separately and share it after they complete the Quiz.)
– – JUST $9.95! – –
Click the “Buy Now” button below to get your copy for only $9.95!
– – – – See also – – – –
Edited: November 4th, 2015
This Labor Day weekend, to celebrate the introduction of my new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams*, I’m reducing the price of the ebook versions of BOTH Worth Sharing…* AND my best selling The Project Management Minimalist.* But these special prices won’t last long, so take advantage of this deal while you can! The links are below:
* Learn more about The Project Management Minimalist collection here... or check out an infographic of Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools… here.
Edited: September 4th, 2015
Edited: September 1st, 2015
Just published! My new book, Worth Sharing: Essays & Tools to Help Project Managers & Their Teams, is a 300 page eclectic compilation of practical PM tools, thought-provoking PM essays and suggestions for helping individual project managers and their teams stay sane while delivering good quality finished products. It consists of 54 Chapters and hundreds of live links to additional PM resources. Most of the chapters were originally published as blog posts through my websites and have never before been released in book form. (See http://worth-sharing.net for info on all my websites, blog posts, videos, etc.) A few chapters include some important, classic excerpts from my previous books.
The book is divided into six major Parts, including:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Project Management (3 Chapters)
- Part 2: PM Techniques (12 Chapters)
- Part 3: Working with Your Team & Maintaining Your Sanity (12 Chapters)
- Part 4: Peace of Mind (12 Chapters)
- Part 5: PM Leadership and Vision (7 Chapters)
- Part 6: Of PM Skills and How They Are Acquired (8 Chapters)
You can read the entire book (all 300 pages!) online, for free. And it’s available in paperback & all ebook formats. Get details at my Worth Sharing website!
Edited: July 29th, 2015
Are you a self-directed learner trying to work with free online management courses? Then you know how easy it is to get lost among the zillions of videos, tutorials, etc. that are scattered all over the web. My latest post at my WORTH SHARING website profiles “Grace… ,” a free Android app that will help you navigate the web’s confusion and create your own topic-based study guides, notes & video playlists.
Edited: February 28th, 2015
New on my WORTH SHARING website: Some of my favorite articles, blog posts, and videos that I posted during 2014. Some are important. Others were merely fun or gratifying to create and I want to share them again before they disappear beneath 2015’s posts. Check them out!
Edited: December 30th, 2014
I’m proud to be one of the speakers in the Conscious Software Development Telesummit scheduled for November 10 – 21, 2014. This FREE virtual event will harness the perspectives of 21 speakers as they focus on some of the secrets used by top companies to improve their software development projects!
From the website:
“Consciousness = Awareness + Choice
Conscious Software Development means you apply Awareness and Choice to all areas of application creation. [Are you…?]
- Fed up with scope creep ruining your delivery schedules?
- Exasperated when your development team’s software turns to “shelfware” by your users?
- Afraid of project death marches where deadline after deadline is missed?
- Worried about more subtle forms of failure that you might not notice until it is too late?”
21 speakers will tackle the issues behind these frustrations and help you figure out how to avoid them. For more info… and your FREE “instant access” pass… go to: http://conscioussoftwaredevelopment.com/
Edited: October 28th, 2014
On Friday, October 10 at 12 noon Eastern USA time (UTC-05:00) I will be guest host for the live weekly #PMChat session on Twitter. The topic will be “The Non-Negotiables: Your ‘Must Do’ and ‘Must Have’ PM Prerequisites.”
Edited: October 8th, 2014