PM Minimalist Update: July 26, 2011
New Articles, Tools, & Resources from Michael Greer, The Project Management Minimalist
Issue Number 5: July 26, 2011 ... Click here to subscribe to these updates & get a Free Gift!
(Feel free to forward this to anyone!)
In this issue...
- Project Management Freebies:
A Whole New Website is Born!
- Reminders, Resources, & Footnotes
See Other Issues
* March 22, 2011 * April 13, 2011 * May 17, 2011 * June 21, 2011 * August 12, 2011 * Sept. 14, 2011 * Oct. 25, 2011 * Nov. 29, 2011
* Dec. 31, 2011 * Jan 31, 2012 * Feb. 29, 2012 * March 30, 2012 * April 30, 2012 * May 31, 2012 * June/July, 2012 * Aug-Nov, 2012 * Dec '12-June 2013
Project Management FREEBIES: A Whole New Website is Born!
Over the years I’ve come across zillions of great free PM tools, white papers, training items, and so on. Trouble is, they are often buried in out-of-the-way corners of the ‘net that make them tough to find when I want to share them with colleagues or PM newbies attending my classes. So I decided to collect links and brief descriptions of some of my favorite PM freebies here — all in one place — so they’d be easy for us all to find. At the same time, I’m hoping you’ll tell me about some of your favorite free PM items so I can include them here. (Click on the Suggestions tab at the PM Freebies Website.)
So far, there are over 25 items listed. But this list will grow quickly! I've divided the collection into these broad categories:
How do I decide which PM freebies to include? Here are the selection criteria I apply to every item listed:
- Articles & White Papers: Free articles, position papers, white papers, and other documents that shed light on various aspects of PM.
- Podcasts/Webinars: Free podcasts and webinars that will help deepen your knowledge of PM.
- Templates/Tools: Collections of free PM tools, templates, guidelines, etc. that can save you time planning and managing your projects.
- Software: Free PM software products (downloadable and web-based) that can help project teams brainstorm, schedule, plan, and manage projects. (A couple of the tools listed are very simple to use and are designed to help virtual teams.)
- Training: Live or recorded webinars, on-site training seminars, self-paced/self-study packages, video tutorials, and so on.
If I can answer “Yes” to most of these questions, then I’ll publish my post about the item.
- Is it complete? (Does it seem to be a completely useful, fully-functioning item that stands alone?)
- Is it valuable? … useful? … a source of enlightenment? … able to make the job of PM easier in some way?
- Is it really free? (i.e., Will I actually be able to use it for a reasonable period of time without paying a fee?)
- (optionally) Have any reviewers evaluated this item and concluded that it’s valuable?
Reminders, Resources & Footnotes
Video Overviews & Discount Codes for The PM Minimalist Collection
In case you missed last month's Update, you should know about a new page at my website that includes video overviews of all the items in The PM Minimalist Collection. In addition, you'll find discount codes listed at the end of the page that will get you HUGE DISCOUNTS on your purchase of any of these items. Check it out at http://michaelgreer.biz/?page_id=2632 .
PM Minimalist Support System & FreebiesThe PM Minimalist Support System & Freebies page includes a chart summarizing links to multi-media collection of resources to help individual project managers, project teams and entire organizations go Minimalist. Check it out! (Note: I'll be adding to this grid as I make more support items available.)
Now Available: One Dozen Private & Customizable PM Webinars!So… you don’t have time to stop working for several days and send everybody to PM training? Or maybe you don’t have the money to spend on a full-blown, on-site workshop w/T&L expenses? See how you can take a Minimalist approach to your PM training through brief, one or two-hour customized webinars! [Click here to download the full 7-page PDF: The PM Minimalist Private Webinars: Buy Your Custom PM Training By the Hour!
The PM Minimalist Paperback Version Is Available at CreateSpace
Prefer an old-fashioned, physical copy of the book you can hold in your hands? Then check out this 122-page paperback version. And (because you're special!) I'll give you a HUGE INTRODUCTORY DISCOUNT on your purchase price.
Just email me at: email@example.com. I'll send you a special discount code good for a nice, fat price reduction! (I promise!)NOTE: Of course,the Kindle, NOOK, & PDF versions are still available. Go to http://michaelgreer.biz/?page_id=636 for info.
8-min. Video Overview of The Project Management MinimalistCheck out this brief 8-minute video overview of The... Minimalist, describing how it supports project managers, project teams, and the entire organization.
If you already own the book, you might benefit from the brief introduction to all the good stuff you'll find inside. And it's also great way to introduce the book to friends and colleagues.
Live Video Chat Now Available at My Website
I've just set up a chat room at my website where we can talk live, one-on-one (or one on two, since it will handle 3-way live video conversations). All you need is a web cam, a microphone, and a browser connected to the 'net. No other software is needed.
If you would like to meet me in a live video chat room for a free, private, one-on-one discussion, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll send you a password and arrange a time. After you have the password, simply click the link below & follow the instructions. Click here to go to the PM Minimalist Live Video Chat Room
Why You Received This Update
You're getting this Update because:
Now don't worry! It's easy to unsubscribe if you don't want to get any more of these Updates. (Click here to unsubscribe, or simply email me and say, "Hey, take me off that Update list!")
- You subscribed to it through my website, or
- You bought The Project Management Minimalist book, or
- You are one of my colleagues or friends with whom I'd like to share some news.
My Promises to You
Here are my promises to you about these Updates:
- I will ALWAYS send you PM-related information that I honestly believe will have some practical, useful value for you or that you might want to share with someone you know.
- I will NEVER share your email address with anyone else. Period.
- I will NEVER send you more than two (2) mailings in any given month. (However, if there's not much news to share, I might send you only one Update a month or simply skip it altogether!)
Contact & Follow
Here are some ways you can connect with me and track the evolution of Project Management Minimalism:
Quicky Sales Pitch: How about a customized, two-day, on-site PM Minimalist workshop? We'll give your folks plenty of practical, hands-on challenges so they can learn to apply PM Minimalism and we'll spend time unsnarling some of your unique (and thorny) PM issues! Click here to download a PDF class outline.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
(And remember: It's easy to unsubscribe if you don't want to get any more of these Updates . (Click here to unsubscribe, or simply email me and say, "Hey, take me off that Update list!")