- This new book has lots of stuff related to maintaining great relationships with your project teams: Worth Sharing: On PMBOK, Post-It Notes, Dog Pooh, Project Post Mortems, Meditation, Sign-offs, Pelicans & ADHD (Note especially these Parts of this book: “Peace of Mind” and “Working with Your Team…” )
- CHECK OUT THIS GIANT FREE DOWNLOAD !
From the Archives: The Inspired Project Teams Coaching Guide (58-pages & 5 hours of audio, NOW FREE!)
Recent Posts from Inspired Project Teams Website
- Everything You Own Owns You Back! (So Acquire with Care!)
- Balancing Authority & Responsibility: It’s All About Trust! (This is an extended essay with video & team “Challenge” questions)
- Back to Basics: Get Enough Sleep, Rest, & Water
- Beyond Words: The Power of “Making It Real” to Inspire & Focus Effort
- Best Practice: Identify Your Signature Strengths & Use Them Whenever You Can.
- My Top 5 Inspired Project Teams Blog Posts from 2013
- Free e-Book “What Project Management Means to Me” from #PMFlashBlog Authors
- Best Practice: Set & Respect “Office Hours”
- 70 PM Bloggers Explore The Meaning of Project Management
- 3 Broad Strategies to Reward and Motivate Volunteers on Your Project Team
- 15 Movies & Documentaries That Will Leave You Feeling Better
- On Vacation? Here are 5 Podcasts to Help You Find Peace of Mind.
- Are You Giving Creativity Time & Space to Blossom?
- Forgive Them. It’s Just Their Inner Chihuahua.
- Meditation Fact Sheet: Scientifically Proven Benefits & a Who’s Who of Famous Meditators
- Leveraging Inspiration: 10 Simple Practices to Keep Your Creative Output Flowing
- Palm Trees & Pear Blossoms or 10 Feet of Dog Pooh? It’s a Choice!
- How Mindfulness Meditation Helps Me Laugh at Mental Soap Bubbles
- 33 Movies, 3 Online Video Channels, & Lots of E-Books That Will Renew Your Spirit
- How to Survive Holiday Celebrations with Relationships Intact: Think “Philosopher” or “Amateur Therapist”
- Hurricane Sandy: Shining a Light on Surrender, Acceptance, & Focused Action
- Nurturing Corn Stalks Among the Soybeans
- Are You Clinging to Your Mummified Past?
- Unplug, Change Your Patterns, Press “Reset”
- Take a Break: A Six-Minute Video to Help You Achieve Mindfulness
- Is There Someone You Should Be Nudging Toward the Spotlight?
- “Would I Have Them Over for Dinner?” & Other Questions to Ask of Your Movie Choices
- So… What’s Your Story? And How’s It Working for You?
- A New Earth: Are You Ready to be Awakened? (Eckhart Tolle & Oprah)
- What I Learned About Managing Passion from Helping “Occupy the Rose Parade”
- Paulo Coelho’s Inspirations: The Warrior of the Light
My Favorite Posts & Podcasts (MP3 Downloads)
- 10 Specific Actions That Can Help You Become Happier
When individual team members are happy, the entire team will likely be happy! But how can you become happier? In this podcast I share 10 specific actions that I’ve taken to create more happiness in my life.
- Consciously Choose Your Attitude
A project team’s attitude can make or break the project. In this post learn how you can consciously choose your attitude instead of simply allowing it to overtake you as a collection of random feelings.
- Tend Your Gardens of Thought
“A man’s mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild… whether cultivated or neglected, it must and will bring forth…”
- Just Say No
While it might make sense for individuals to say “yes” to life as often as they can, there are critical moments when project teams have just gotta say “no!” Here’s why & how…
- Be the Change You Want to See
“You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Take the Risk
This post is all about getting outside your comfort zone…If you can imagine it… if you can see it clearly… if it gets you excited as a possibility, then it may be your destiny to make it a reality.
- Practice Mindfulness
Focus: the power of mindfulness — the practice of bringing your full awareness into the present moment – and how you can expand upon your inherent ability to practice mindfulness
- Accept What Is
You must first accept a difficult situation for what it is before you can handle it effectively. Accept it, see it clearly without denial and hand-wringing, and then you can take appropriate action.
- Just Do It!
Get moving… get unstuck… & just do it! If you and your project team members are sometimes plagued with fits of analysis paralysis or procrastination, then this post/podcast is for you.
- Trust Your Judgment
Many great teachers and philosophers say that to achieve anything great you must trust that voice which lies deep within you. This audio examines why this voice is trustworthy and how to trust it.
- Act As If
Inspired by Wayne Dyer’s quote: “Act as if everything you desire is already here… treat yourself as if you already are what you’d like to become.” Examples & advice for applying this to project teams.
- Do What You Fear & Grow Stronger
Focus: “Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain – Do the thing and you will have the power.” – Emerson – W/ practical tips & Challenges to help teams push through fear & grow stronger.
- Encourage Right Brain Thinking
This post/podcast examines how Daniel Pink’s “6 Right Brain Aptitudes” of Design, Story, Symphony, Empathy, Play, & Meaning (from A Whole New Mind) can be used to enhance the performance of project teams.
- Shift from Drama to Empowerment
In his book The Power of TED, David Emerald compares two very different ways of being: The Dreaded Drama Triangle (or DDT) versus The Empowerment Dynamic (or TED). We apply these to project teams.
- Spend More Time in Quadrant 2
Focus: How project managers can apply Stephen Covey’s brilliant 4-quadrant time management grid to help their project teams spend more time in Quadrant 2 activities (not urgent, but important).
- Learn to Be Optimistic… Learn to Succeed
“Cognitive therapy works [by changing] explanatory style from pessimistic to optimistic [providing]… skills for talking to yourself when you fail.” – M. Seligman – This post/podcast applies this to project teams.
- Change Your Mind
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds…” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Celebrate the Chaos Within
“One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.” – Friedrich Nietzsche. This post/podcast provides suggestions on how project managers & leaders can support creativity.
- Let Go of Perfectionism
Are you driven to perfection? … or simply driven crazy? This post/podcast provides suggestions for project managers and team leaders about how they can let go of perfectionism and improve their results.
- Embrace the Work Itself
So where’s the joy in the work itself? What about the intrinsic value of our chosen profession? The beauty and fascination of the field itself?
- Train Yourself to be Happier
“… happiness is a skill that can be learned, just like skiing or playing a musical instrument…” Denver Post Online. Focus: How to apply the new Science of Happiness to project teams.
- Listen, Understand, Collaborate
“Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood.” – Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Audio examines why & how project teams should listen, understand, & collaborate.
- Get Excited… and Let It Show!
“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Take Charge… Stop Playing the Victim
“You create your own experience…[&] you cannot change what you do not acknowledge.” – Dr. Phil McGraw – Post/podcast focuses on how project teams can accept responsibility for bad results & take charge.
- Make Time for Recreation
“…the word recreation means…‘re-creating’ your energy, your enthusiasm… You’re no good all burnt out and crispy.” Anonymous boss – Audio challenges project teams to “make time for recreation.”
- Get High on Kindness
“Kindness extended, received, or observed beneficially impacts the physical health and feelings of everyone involved!” — Wayne Dyer